Join Us for a Two-Day Conference in Philadelphia
Presented by the Clery Center for Security On Campus and Victim Rights Law Center
When: October 13-14, 2014
Where: St. Joseph's University, 5600 City Avenue, Philadelphia, PA
As colleges and universities proactively move forward with new policies and procedures to address campus sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking, campuses are still faced with complex questions regarding how to effectively implement their policies and stay aware of new laws and best practices.
The release of the Dear Colleague letter in April in 2011 as well as recent amendments to the Clery Act as a part of the Violence Against Women Act Reauthorization present compliance challenges. Join the Victim Rights Law Center and the Clery Center for Security On Campus for a two-day conference on the intersections of compliance with the Clery Act and Title IX.
You will learn from litigators, victim advocates, practitioners, and compliance experts on practices campuses nationwide are using to stay ahead of liability and provide a safe community.
Sessions will focus on:
- The Clery Act (The VAWA amendments to Clery, compliance challenges, coordination for prevention and response)
- Title IX (Implementation problems, policy examples, and best practices)
- Navigating Title IX and Clery Act Intersections - where to begin
- Case studies
- Campus investigations
- Coordinated response
Learn More and Register Today!
Title IX FAQs & White House Task Force to Protect Students from Sexual Assault
Released April 29, 2014
1. Department of ED, Office for Civil Rights (OCR)
"Questions & Answers on Title IX & Sexual Violence"
2. White House Task Force to Protect Students from Sexual Assault